Parish Communication Information
Below is the information and guidelines that the various groups, committees, and ministries should use to communicate information about their event or group to the rest of the parish. Please note deadlines and lead time when you are planning. Direct any questions to Heather Goeden in the parish office.
- All bulletin announcements must be submitted in writing (email preferred) to Heather Goeden by 8:30AM Monday morning for the following weekend’s bulletin to accommodate the assigned publication time of our bulletin publisher. We are unable to accommodate requests that we receive after this time. All announcements must be submitted camera-ready, preferably by email. Please refer to the Bulletin Stylesheet for formatting information. Altered deadlines due to holidays will be printed inside the bulletin.Please note that due to publication deadlines, these submission deadlines are firm. Groups, ministries, and committees, please plan accordingly.
- There are two bulletin boards for display of appropriate materials. They are located at the Chapel Entrance and the Lobby. If you want to put an item on the bulletin boards, please submit a copy to Dr. Guliano for approval at least three weeks prior to the date you’d like it posted.
If you’d like to add an image to the Eboard to promote your group’s event (like a fundraiser, pancake breakfast, etc.), please email your request to Heather Goeden on the Thursday before the weekend by 1:00PM. Please include the images and text you’d like to include or submit a camera ready image that is 4128 pixels x 2322 pixels at 72 dpi. We are unable to accommodate requests that we receive after this time.
- If you’d like an insert in the bulletin, please check with Heather Goeden in the parish office to make sure there are no other inserts for the weekend you are requesting. Once you confirm that there are no other inserts, please submit a copy of the insert to Dr. Guliano at least three weeks prior to the weekend of publication for approval. Heather Goeden will contact you to let you know whether or not it has been approved. You are responsible for creating and duplicating the insert. You will need 250 copies for the Sunday Bulletin. Your Committee is also responsible for stuffing the bulletins. Contact Heather Goeden to schedule a time to do this during office hours.
- If you will need a key to open the doors for your meeting, contact the Administrative Assistant at least one week prior to your meeting or event to let them know you will need a key and when you will be picking it up. Keys are available anytime during our posted office hours. You will be asked to fill out a brief form when you pick up the set of keys. Please be sure to return it to the Parish Office by the date you indicate on the form. Drop the keys in the mailbox outside the Lobby Doors after you lock up from your meeting or event. If you do not return the keys at that time, please let the Administrative Assistant know when you will be returning the keys.
- Once a year (usually in August or September), Heather Goeden will provide the Chair with a copy of the current member roster. Please go through the roster and update any information on the roster:
- cross out members who have left
- update current member information, like phone numbers and emails, if needed
- add any new member information to the bottom of the roster
Return the updated roster to Heather Goeden in the parish office so that she can update our database and keep it as current as possible.
Anytime you have a membership change throughout the year (new members or members who leave) or update (to current member information or if there is a new Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, etc.) please inform Heather Goeden in the Parish Office as soon as possible, preferably by email. For those leaving, simply send us their name. If the person is joining, please send their name, phone number, cell phone number and email address. Please also include if they will be holding an officer position.
- Minutes should be taken at every meeting. Copies should be distributed to all members by email or by committee mailboxes. Non-email members should be informed of location of mail boxes and pick up mail regularly. A copy of your meeting minutes needs to be added to the Committee Minutes Book in the Parish Office. To do this, please include Heather (email@example.com) in the distribution of your minutes.
- In order not to overload the liturgy, we must limit the number of announcements and the number of people who can give these announcements at mass. While we want to honor as many requests as possible, it is important that we all follow a common procedure.In order to properly prepare for the liturgy, pulpit announcements for mass are due to Heather Goeden on the Thursday before the weekend by 1:00PM. All announcements must be submitted camera-ready. We are unable to accommodate requests that we receive after this time. Altered deadlines due to holidays will be printed inside the bulletin. Groups. ministries, and committees, please plan accordingly.
- In order not to overload the liturgy, we must limit the number of announcements and the number of people who can give these announcements at mass. While we want to honor as many requests as possible, it is important that we all follow a common procedure. Also, there are times when liturgically, it is not possible to accommodate additional announcements.
Request approval for a member of your group to make the announcement with the name of the person making the announcement at each mass (send request to Heather Goeden) at the beginning of the week prior.A copy of the text of the pulpit announcement to be read as well as confirmation of who will be reading it at each mass is due to Heather Goeden on the Thursday before the weekend by 1:00PM. All announcements must be submitted camera-ready.The person making the announcement at each mass is asked to please check in before mass in the sacristy and communicate with the Lector and Presider.
Altered deadlines due to holidays will be printed inside the bulletin. We are unable to accommodate requests that we receive after this time. Groups. ministries, and committees, please plan accordingly.
- Meeting rooms are available for committee, group, and/or ministry meetings. Please do not assume a room will be available without checking first, and do not assume you are able to use a room just because it is empty when you show up. Contact Heather Goeden to ask about the various rooms available. All meetings need to be scheduled on the office calendar by submitting the online form, calling the Administrative Assistant (414-771-2500 x13) or emailing your meeting dates to Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org). Dates/times/meeting rooms must be confirmed.If your meeting date and time is not communicated to the Administrative Assistant, it will not be published in the bulletin. Please inform the Administrative Assistant of any meeting cancellations. If a meeting is cancelled after the bulletin is published (Mondays), please submit a pulpit announcement to inform your members.
- Please contact Heather Goeden, Administrative/Pastoral Assistant, to schedule a meeting. Sometimes groups schedule meetings without checking the calendar. To avoid problems, please check that the date and time you would like are free. If free, the information will be placed on the calendar, but bulletin and pulpit announcements regarding the meeting must be submitted by committee/group members.
- If your group or committee would like to host an event that is beyond the scope of your regular meetings, this form needs to be filled out before the event will be approved. Copies of this form can be found in the sacristy, in the Parish Office during the posted office hours, or can be downloaded by clicking here. Please note that two contacts from the parish are required. If you are also collecting funds OR items, please also fill out the fundraising section of this form. Specify how the funds should be used, and submit the summary after the event. Please plan ahead, as the Finance Council, who will need to approve your event, meets only once a month. Completed forms are turned into Heather Goeden in the Parish Office. She verifies that there are no conflicts on the calendar and then forwards your form on the Finance Council as needed.
- Tax Exempt Information – If you will be purchasing items (food, etc.) for your event, please request the tax exempt information from Lisa Vallone, Bookkeeper. She will provide you with this information that you can use when purchasing the items you need. This information should be destroyed after you use it. Reimbursement Form – When purchasing the items for your event, if you are not donating them to the church, please fill out the Check Reimbursement Form. Copies of this form can be found in the sacristy and in the Parish Office. Please staple your receipts to the form and completely fill it out. Return to Dr. Guliano for approval. NOTE: If you need start cash for your event (like to make change at the pancake breakfast) this is the form that you would need to fill out. Please allow at least three weeks lead time for your request to be processed and the check to be run.
- If you are a ministry leader and would like to add or change something on your ministry’s page, please email a camera ready copy to Heather Goeden or deliver it to the Parish Office during regular business hours. Please allow up to a week for your change to be added. You can also add information about an upcoming, approved event that your committee/group/or ministry is having. Please submit the information you would like on the website to Heather Goeden, as well as the date you’d like the information added and the date that you’d like the information taken down. Please allow up to a week for your change to be added.
- Approval needs to come from Dr. Guliano at least three weeks in advance and a copy of the video or presentation must be submitted at least one week in advance for final approval.
- Please submit your request at least two (2) weeks before your event to insure you have your money in time.
- Fill out a check request form. These are available in the office and in the sacristy above the mailboxes.
- Fill out form with the appropriate information. This form is filled out when requesting a check for any purpose. Ex: start up money for an event, personal reimbursement for an expense, or payment to a third party like a speaker.
- Attached any receipts or invoices to request form.
- Submit to Dr. Guliano for approval.
- Once approved, it is submitted to bookkeeper for a check to be run. Check will be run with the next check run which is on Wednesdays.
- When the check is ready, it is submitted to the check signers to be signed. Signing is usually completed by noon on Thursdays.
- Your check will be mailed or you will be contacted by the communication you indicate ie: phone or email.
This information was revised in September 2016.